Sunday, July 13, 2008

Random thoughts before I've had my coffee...

Did you know that there is a Japanese rock band called "Quaker Meeting"? Talk about incongruity. I wonder if there is a story behind them choosing that name or if they just picked it at random.

It reminds me of a story my friend Chris told me. He was touring Japan with a well-known band. On a day off, he and the bass player visited a temple. As they walked around the beautifully manicured grounds, and old Japanese woman in traditional dress spotted them and smiled sweetly. She walked up to them and shouted, "WAZZUP!"

I was once driving in the car, flipping through the radio stations, getting annoyed with all of the "sound and fury, signifying nothing". The thought occurred to me, "Why not listen to the Quaker radio station?" "Good idea." I chuckled, turned off the radio and enjoyed the silence.

Carla and I are getting ready to go to our own Quaker Meeting, but right here, for your listening pleasure, all the way from Japan, Quaker Meeting!:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home