Saturday, February 09, 2013

I think it's time we talk about whether or not people who are engaging in a certain lifestyle should be welcomed into our churches without condition. I think you know the lifestyle I am talking about. Shouldn't they repent before they can be accepted as fully-functioning members in our churches? And certainly no one in leadership or ministry ought to be taking part in this behavior! Scripture is quite clear that this is a lifestyle which God's people should not engage in (see, for example, Proverbs 22:7; Proverbs 22:26-27; Deuteronomy 15:5-6; Romans 13:8 and Philippians 4:19). Certainly, we can love them, but does that mean we have to accept their choice? I am, of course, speaking about people who choose to go into debt (via bank loans, credit cards, auto loans, home mortgages, etc.).

Or is it possible to apply scripture in such a way as to accomodate for this?

;^)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever!

Got my blood boiling at first.

I'm sending this to my friends who are biblical literalists.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great one! It made me stop and think, hopefully, it did that to others as well!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Mark G said...

Great one! I am hoping some stop and think, I know I did!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Mark G said...

It is great, actually having to stop and think! people should remember, the scriptures are not like ordering from a restaurant menu, you cannot pick and choose form them. I am thankful, that for me, the Bible is a good reference book, it is not the book of all books.

5:47 PM  
Blogger dreanki said...

Great example of how and why religious people are lost. Thanks for that.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Bill Samuel said...

Of course, through much of Quaker history, such people would not have been allowed to be members of Quaker meetings. And William Penn was read out of meeting after someone he trusted embezzled his funds.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home