Sunday, June 28, 2015


A few thoughts from an old, straight, Christian guy after attending Seattle PrideFest 2015:

1) The overall mood this year felt not only celebratory (as expected) but also more relaxed--almost a prolonged collective sigh of relief.


2) My wife and I are introverts and can't handle being in large crowds for long, but it felt so joyous to be surrounded by this sea of people made in God's image; all shapes and sizes and colors. I could feel the presence of God and my heart swelled with a sense of God's love.

3) Naked people walking around in public look funny. Nothing sexy about it. I couldn't imagine doing something like that myself (even when I was young and svelte), but I'm glad that they felt safe enough to do it. And I appreciate the benevolent wisdom of the Seattle Police in allowing people (a relative few) to "let it all hang out" so long as they weren't hurting anyone else.

4) We watched an amazing musician: Edna Vazquez. Check her out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxlnui5QNVs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home