Tuesday, June 14, 2016


I remember when I realized that--despite what I had been taught--the Jewish people are not chosen by God above all other people, but rather are loved by God just like everyone else. 

And I remember when I realized that--despite what I had been taught--women are not subordinate to men in God's eyes, but rather ought to be able to do anything men do--in the church or in the world-at-large.

And I remember when I realized that--despite what I had been taught--people who are LGBTQ are not abominations living a "lifestyle" of sinful rebellion against God simply because of who they are and who they love, but rather are loved and accepted by God just like everyone else.

And I remember when I realized that I cannot in good conscience be part of organizations that elevate some people and denigrate other people based upon things like ethnicity or gender or sexuality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home