Thursday, May 28, 2009

Frank Viola at George Fox University

Here's a link to passionate speech given recently at George Fox University by author Frank Viola. It's about 30 minutes long.

http://www.frometernitytohere.org/ViolaGeorgeFox.mp3

Viola has written several inspiring and challenging books about church life, including Rethinking the Wineskin, Pagan Christianity and Who's Your Covering?. These books (as well as some by other authors of similar ilk) had a profound impact on me and completely changed my understanding of what church is supposed to be. Sometime later when I began reading the works of early Quakers I was amazed at how closely they embodied the same values and practices that I had first encountered through Viola.

Frank has a new book out, entitled From Eternity to Here, which forms the basis of his speech at George Fox. I haven't read the new book, but I do have a copy. I guess I'd better put it at the top of my reading stack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home