Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Bad Eye


My son once told me that I sometimes look like a pissed off Siamese cat. Upon hearing this, my wife concurred. There's nothing like loved ones to tell it like it is. There is a reason for their assessment of my appearance: When I was a child I had a pretty severe lazy eye--to the point that I was made to wear a patch over my "good" eye in order to get the other one to straighten out. I have very good vision in one eye and very poor vision in the other. The net result, so I'm told, is that I sometimes look like a pissed off Siamese cat. This also, I think, tends to give people the false impression that I'm angry at them or looking at them in a critical way. In actuality, it's just that my eyes are slightly screwed up. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home