Monday, October 04, 2010

"They"

On my car radio I have the Conservative AM station on the right-most button and the Progressive AM station on the left-most button. I like to switch back and forth between them sometimes as I'm driving. It didn't take me long to realize that the single most used word by both stations is the same: They. Each side seems preoccupied with the other. They, they, they. I wish there was less "they" going around and more "we", as in "We the people..." or "we are working together, despite our differences in opinion, seeking common ground".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny,
I really like this point. I know there are some large differences of opinion on how we achieve various goals, but one way we could start doing that is by becoming "we" again.

Susan

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home