Thursday, June 05, 2008

Beware of falling fish!






















So there I was yesterday, standing in the parking lot at work chatting with someone, when I heard a sound behind me like a wet "splat". I turned and there laying on the ground a few feet away was a fish. Looked like maybe a perch--dark green, flat, about 10" long and 8" high. A seahawk or osprey must have been flying overhead with it and lost it's grip. I can just imagine the bird saying, "Dammit!" as the fish slipped from it's talons. My thought was, "Yeesh, it's not enough that they poop on us, now they're throwing fish at us!" One of the dangers of living in the Pacific Northwest, I guess. A few months ago I was getting out of my car and looked up to see a seahawk directly above me, about 20 feet off the ground, laboriously flying with a what looked like a salmon in it's talons. It was an amazing site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home