Sunday, September 14, 2008

Road Trip!

My son Seth and I just returned from a week-long trip in Denver. The main reason for the trip was for Seth--a junior at the University of Washington--to spend some time with a couple of doctors (arranged by my sister) in order to get a feel for whether or not he wants to pursue medical school and a career in medicine.

Seth was able to spend an entire shift at the emergency room of a hospital in Brighton, Colorado under the tutelage of a seasoned ER doc. Seth had a great time and has returned with a clear goal of becoming a doctor (a surgeon, actually).

Here's a picture of Seth which I took after picking him up at the end of his shift in the ER:

We also went to a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater, a world famous venue. I grew up just a few miles from Red Rocks and used to party and hang out there often during my high school years. It was fun to be back:



It was a quick trip, but I did manage to have a couple of beers with my best old friend Michael (the same Michael from My Story):

As you can see, he's very gangsta!

Just before flying back on Saturday, we stopped for some amazing fish & chips at GB Fish & Chips in Denver. Seth looks a bit dubious...

Trust the British to take something as healthy as cod and saturate it with grease!

It was a quick trip done on the cheap, but we had a great time and got a lot accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home