Sunday, October 05, 2008

Warning: This post contains political content

Although I've considered myself politically Independent for many years, I have tended to vote for Republican candidates. This will be the first time in my life that I vote for a Democrat for president. I only hope that Obama lives up to the potential and promise and that it does not all turn out to be cynical political hype.

Speaking of cynical politics, I've become disgusted at the tactics of the McCain/Palin campaign. These are people who claim to represent Evangelical Christians in America and many of my Evangelical Christian friends support McCain/Palin hook, line and sinker. Yet I continue to be amazed at how low the McCain/Palin campaign will go with it's campaign rhetoric. It seems as if John McCain and Sarah Palin are more than willing to sacrifice truth, integrity and their personal honor if it will gain them the Presidency. This "win, no matter what it takes" approach is ugly and disheartening and most un-Christian.

Yesterday, in two separate speeches, Sarah Palin accused Obama of "palling around with terrorists". This was a reference to an alleged close relationship with former Weather Underground radical Bill Ayers. This rumor has been thoroughly investigated by the media and has been proven false.

Elvis Costello once sang, "I used to be disgusted, but now I'm just amused." For me, it's the other way around.

Here's a video clip of Palin's claim that Obama is "palling around with terrorists".



Click here for the CNN "Fact Check" on Palin's allegation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home